A blog for fatties.

For people who live to eat--not eat to live.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pretzel baguettes start a frenzy!



My friend Adam reminded me this morning of something basic that most people I know love more than anything--pretzel rolls. Well, in case you hadn't noticed, Giant Food stores have begun selling freshly baked, pretzel BAGUETTES. Here's the catch, in order to purchase one of these prized baguettes you have to be up EARLY. My father, a closet pretzel baguette addict, gets up at a ridiculous hour on weekends just to pick up one of these prized batons at the Owen Brown Giant in Columbia. I'm lying. He picks up two. If you make it out there only to find that they have sold out of pretzel baguettes, it is probably his fault. Send him hate mail.

I just wanted to relay this wonderful news to those of you who have yet to try one. Slice a piece off, heat it and squirt a little mustard on it. Make a ham sandwich with a little swiss, sauerkraut and some spicy brown mustard. Any way you like your pretzels, you are sure to enjoy these pretzel baguettes. I must now go into hiding before my father realizes I've disclosed his secret. I'm doing this for your own good, Sir Alec!

No comments:

Post a Comment