A blog for fatties.

For people who live to eat--not eat to live.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Do you have a steak for Daddy?


If you're like me, you probably haven't the faintest idea what gift to bestow upon your father this father's day. He already owns every imaginable electronic device invented by Apple and quit wearing ties oh, about a decade ago. He claims he wants nothing, but showing up on Sunday empty-handed seems a little ungrateful--especially after everything he's done for you.

One thing my father (like most fathers, I'm sure) has never turned down is a nice, big, juicy steak--with good reason also. I grill a mean steak. Alas, if you haven't already been invited to my house for this Sunday's festivities (which include my first attempt at preparing Peking duck) it looks like you're out of luck...or perhaps not.

Typically father's day is spent by most, grilling outdoors, poolside, enjoying the weather with dad and company. If, per chance, you are one who enjoys to stray from the norm, then I have the perfect suggestion for you. Check out the Pikesville Ruth's Chris Steakhouse's brand new al fresco dining area. Enjoy a Ruth's Chris's succulent USDA Prime steak (I like the Cowboy Ribeye) along with some sauteed mushrooms and garlic mashed potatoes seated outside, on the patio--and do remind Dad to bring his Cubans. I could go on and on about their menu because there really isn't anything I dislike. You can see for yourself. There is a $30 prix fixe menu which includes:

-An 8 oz. filet mignon broiled to perfection
-your choice of Caesar or house salad
-a loaded baked potato or side their famous garlic mashed potatoes

While this is a great deal, I much prefer to order a la carte and try several different things as I wouldn't dare leave the building without having at least a few bites of their Chop Salad and sweet potato casserole. A single mouthful of that velvety sweet potato casserole has you dreaming about it for weeks--months to come. For your convenience, their sides are perfect for sharing family style. If you're really lucky, their lobster bisque might be available as well! Oh and don't forget to bring dad--because this day--it really is about him, of course. Show him how much you care by bringing him to Ruth's Chris. He'll be so gluttonously euphoric, he won't even notice when you slide the bill in his direction. If you haven't already made a reservation--I suggest you do so now, online or by calling (410) 602-6230. If they aren't booked solid already, they will be very soon, I assure you. If they are booked online, call and ask to speak to the general manager, Ben El-Dahabi during the pre-dinner hours from 11am-3pm. He MIGHT be able to make an exception, just mention the blog.

Ummm...yeah...have the BBQ shrimp. I can't believe I forgot about that one. If your change purse has a hole in it--fear not. There are other more-than-affordable options which are equally as tasty if you decide to dine in their bar area.

No comments:

Post a Comment